Well, I’ve been given my first blogging award! Lalaithiel and Victoria both nominated me for the Best Blogging Buddies award, so thank you, girls!
Here’s how it works:
1. Make a post to show your award on your main blog.
2. Tag the person who nominated you in your post.
3. Nominate all of your best buddies, and those whom you want to become best buddies with, who, to your knowledge, have not been nominated, for this award.
4. Ask your buddies at least 15 questions on your post.
5. Answer all of the questions your buddies ask you. On your post.
All right, since I got two nominations, this’ll take awhile. Get settled in, folks!
1. Do you tend to have favorite songs or artists?
Yes! My favorite artist phases tend to last longer than my favorite song phases. My favorite songs change almost from day to day, depending on my mood and what I need to hear at the moment.
2. What is your favorite music for writing, or do you prefer silence?
It honestly depends. I usually have silence, simply because there are other people around me that I have to be considerate toward. When I do use music, I listen to something that has a style or message similar to the scene I’m working on. For instance, if I’m writing a battle scene, RED is my go-to. I use classical for more emotional or somber scenes.
3. Poetry or prose?
Aaaaaaah! So tough! When I’ve got a lot of emotions tumbling around, I go to poetry, because I feel like there’s more freedom there. However, if I’m bored or need brain exercise, I write prose. As for reading, it’s basically the same thing.
4. Favorite position to sit in?
Leaning against a wall, criss-cross-apple-sauce (I sound like a preschooler!) or on my stomach.
5. Do you prefer emails or handwritten letters?
Hand-written, without a doubt.
6. If you had to live the rest of your life in a book’s world, what world would it be?
Yikes. The Shining Isle? Alethkar? Narnia? Goldstone Wood? It’s a hard choice. Middle Earth, I guess, because I love the varied geography.
7. You can only take one thing with you into this world. What would you take?
*gulps* Hard choice, either my Bible or a camera (although the battery would run out, if I ever came back to this world, I’d have some pretty sweet pics).
8. If you could have lunch with any one living person, who would it be? Why?
A persecuted Christian convert from Islam or a former orphan from Africa — someone whose life I can learn from and who can remind me how blessed I am. Plus, their stories would be fascinating to hear and would provide good material for a book.
9. Favorite food to eat/drink to sip while reading, or do you dislike snacking while reading?
I dislike snacking while reading. Either you get crumbs in the pages or you spill the drink on it. Plus, I feel like I can’t fully enjoy the food or the book because I’m trying to focus on both simultaneously.
10. Are you good at laughing silently, or are your giggles something that can’t be contained?
I can’t contain my giggles, unfortunately, because that draws attention to me, and I don’t like people looking at me.
11. Favorite word?
12. Myer-briggs personality type? (or if you don’t know yours, are you introverted or extroverted?)
13. Strangest hobby?
Hmmmm … would collecting these little football player figures count?
14. Do abbreviations like brb and g2g bug you?
Yes! Although I have to admit, they are handy at times. I use “btw” a lot, but I still try to write things out as much as possible.
15. Least favorite musical genre?
Heavy metal/heavy rock stuff. Other than that, I love a huge variety, and I don’t mind rock if it’s a) not suuuuper heavy and b) if I’m the right mood.
And now for Victoria’s questions:
1.Would you rather go to New Zealand or England?
Yikes, another tough choice. New Zealand, I do believe.
2. If you could meet any dead person who is not an author, who would it be?
*grins* I like the “who is not an author” caveat. I’d meet William Wilberforce, who abolished the slave trade in England.
3. If you had a time machine with which you can only go to the future or to the past, which would you prefer?
4. Why to the above?
I know what happened in the past, but the future is a big unknown, and I’m not the biggest fan of unknowns.
5. Do you prefer guy singers or woman singer?
That’s hard, since it depends what they’re singing, the setting, my mood, etc. On the whole, though, I prefer guys.
6. Favorite composer?
Howard Shore. But whoever composed the Star Wars soundtrack, Bach, and Beethoven are close seconds.
7. Are you curly-headed or straight?
Straight. And unlike most, I’m okay with it. *nods*
And now for my questions!
1) Favorite little kid’s book (as in, kindergarten or younger)?
2) Favorite mid-elementary book?
3) Night owl or morning person?
4) Do you like being that way (referencing the above question)?
5) Plays or musicals?
6) Favorite secular Christmas song and favorite Christian Christmas song?
7) If you could choose what your dying words will be, what would you pick?
8) Which do you think is more important: justice or mercy?
9) Why to the above?
10) Book and/or movie that’s going to come out that you’re excited for?
11) If you could pick a fantasy weapon someone’s already invented (i.e., lightsabers, the Ring, Shardblades, etc.), what would it be?
12) Frodo or Sam? (If you don’t know whom I’m talking about, first, shame on you, and second, just list a favorite book character of yours.)
13) What do you like to snack on, or do you not snack at all?
14) Three words that people often use to describe you?
15) What did you want to be when you were little?
16) What question would you liked to be asked, and what is your answer?
And here are my nominees:
Leave a Reply